Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is it SPRING yet?!


This winter I decided that it would be fun to force some spring bulbs. I've always wanted to try it, but never got around to it. I planted some crocus bulbs in the yard in the fall and had some left over to try it with....I think it worked!!! Aren't they beautiful?! It's so fun to have a little taste of springtime in our house right now! I'm so ready for spring to be here. We went for a nice run on the greenbelt this morning and it was beautiful. The sun was so bright and the sky was so clear and blue. The best part was that I got to run with Riley today. We don't usually get to do that--he's way faster than I am. But I pushed it and was able to keep up-mostly because he was going easy on his sore legs this week!! The last half of our run we did some speed work...it was fun and a challenge, but I was so glad to be done today. We've been battling colds at our house for a couple weeks and haven't been on my normal training schedule lately, but it sure was nice to get out-especially on such a beautiful morning!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Those flowers are beautiful! I don't know a thing about forcing bulbs. Looks like you did a GREAT job!