Tuesday, August 18, 2009
First Egg!!!
Libby and I went out to check on the chickens today and found that one of our hens laid her first egg!!! She laid it in the laying box that had a golf ball in it....we heard that if you put a golf ball in the box, the hens will know where to lay their eggs. I guess it worked! It was such a pretty brown egg and Libby was so excited to get to pick it up and take it in the house. Guess what we'll be having for breakfast tomorrow?!--at least one of us :) *UPDATE: We've been getting one egg a day since Tuesday! Riley ate the first egg for breakfast one morning. The next day, Libby came walking in with another egg to show us and told Riley to make sure he doesn't eat that one...right as she was finishing up saying that-she dropped the egg on the floor and broke it!!! Seriously-it was SO funny!!! I guess he won't be eating that egg-I guess no one will be!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun!! I've never heard of the golf ball thing. Then again, I've never had chickens/hens :D
How fun!
Sounds like lots of fun! Libby your are such a pretty girl.
Post a Comment