Tuesday, August 12, 2008

GARDEN TIME!

Our garden has really taken off this year! We've had fun as a family working in it and harvesting veggies from it. Daniel is especially enjoying picking cherry tomatoes-whether they need picked or not! This year we are growing carrots, tomatoes, red potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, green peppers, green onions, lots of cucumbers, mint (spearmint, orange mint, and chocolate mint), watermelon, grapes, strawberries, weeds, sunflowers and did I mention zucchini and yellow squash?! If any of you have any recipes for using up zucchini they would be greatly appreciated!

Libby with her sunflowers!!!


Our tiny watermelon-I hope the growing season is long enough this year for this to ripen!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lindsey, I wanted to let you know that we fry our zucchini in a pan with mushrooms, onions, butter and soy sauce--It is awesome. I also have a recipe for choc zuch cake, a pasta dish with parm cheese zuch and carrots. For the choc cake, you can freeze 2 shredded cups and use it all year! I need some ideas for yellow squash.
You have a beautiful garden.