Tuesday, October 7, 2008

SUnflOWerS!!!





Today we cut down our sunflowers! I couldn't believe how big they were-and heavy too. I was surprised that the stalks were able to support the heads...that is until I tried to break up the stalks. It was like trying to break a tree in half! The Martinez kids were over too and we all had a great time sampling the sunflower seeds. Hopefully there will be enough left to feed the birds this winter! :)



Everyone wanted to pose with the sunflower!



Here's Isaac.....

...and Jordan!!

3 comments:

Kym said...

Wow, those are huge!! I don't think I have ever seen a sunflower that big!

Heather said...

Those things are ginormous! WOW! How fun for the kids, and you!!

Jen said...

That is the biggest sunflower I've ever seen!!!

I just remembered I haven't written you back on email! I'll get to that! I'm the worst!!