Sorry!!! :( It's been so long since I've posted here...you all probably thought I've disappeared. It's just been a busy season for me and I've not been on the computer as much lately...just trying to prioritize things in my life!! I'll try to update you on what's been going on in our lives lately. Riley and I have started training for some events...Riley is training for the Boise Ironman 70.3 that is in June. Click HERE to find our more about this event. It's half of the Ironman event in Hawaii that you've probably seen on t.v. He's doing great with his training, improving so fast. He's really getting the swimming part down. It's like he's a natural at it. I'm so proud of his hard work and commitment to it. I can't wait to cheer him on this summer!!! I'm also training for a half marathon here in Boise that will also be this summer. This is totally new territory for us both, but we've got some great friends that are training with us and instructing us...and we've made plenty of trips to the library checking out books on running and triathlons. I thought I'd also share a few things that I have found out in the beginning stages of my training:*Don't go for a run on garbage day-too many cans to dodge and if you happen to go for a run on garbage day, DON'T follow the garbage truck. Bad move!
*Don't take your dog with you on your run-unless your dog can read your mind about what side of the mailbox she should run on...and only if she's gone to the bathroom before your run! It makes your run longer and less productive, but you can leave the dog home after you run back home to pick up a bag and run back to pick up the mess that she made on the sidewalk!!
*You DON'T score 100 points for each mailbox you knock over with your dog...if you did, Gracie and I would have scored 200 points one Saturday morning! True Story! I'm just glad it was too early in the morning for anyone to witness that-and yes, I stood the mailboxes back up and they are fine!!!
*Gloves make a nice ipod holder if you can't afford to buy an arm band for yours, but you have to keep at least one finger outside of the glove in order to control it!
I hope you've all gotten a great laugh! Here's what else we've been up to...
Libby had her Christmas program at church last Sunday. She did such a great job!! She went up on stage without me this year. She said she was going to be brave enough to go up by herself. I have to say she did THE BEST job with her hand motions. I am so proud of Libby! She's really allowing the Lord to do a work in her overcoming fear and shyness!!
Daniel has been as busy as ever-loving to help me in the kitchen too. I was unloading the dishwasher the other day and heard him playing with the pots and pans. He kept saying "in there" over and over again so I turned around and found him sitting in the drawer of the oven! He was pretty proud of himself. Notice the blue fabric piece on the floor?! That's the belt to my snuggly soft robe. He has adopted it as his new "blankie". He drags it around the house sucking his fingers...what a sweet boy!!!
I found this little poem I thought I'd share. I'm not sure who wrote it-I found it in a magazine. If you've ever had a toddler, I'm sure you can relate. It's part of the reason I haven't had time to blog lately!!!
tOddlEr'S cReeD
If it is on, I must turn it off.
If it is off, I must turn it on.
If it is folded, I must unfold it.
If it is a liquid, it must be shaken, then spilled.
If it is a solid, it must be crumpled, chewed or smeared.
If it is high, it must be reached.
If it is shelved, it must be unshelved.
If it is pointed, it must be run with at top speed.
If it has leaves, they must be picked.
If it is plugged, it must be unplugged.
If it is not trash, it must be thrown away.
If it is in the trash, it must be removed, inspected, and thrown on the floor.
If it is closed, it must be opened.
If it does not open, it must be screamed at.
If it has drawers, they must be rifled.
If it is a pencil, it must write on the refrigerator, monitor, or table.
If it is full, it will be more interesting emptied.
If it is empty, it will be more interesting full.
If it is a pile of dirt, it must be laid upon.
If it is a stroller, it must under no circumstances be ridden in without protest. It must be pushed by me instead.
If it has a flat surface, it must be banged upon.
If Mommy's hands are full, I must be carried.
If Mommy is in a hurry and wants to carry me, I must walk alone.
If it is paper, it must be torn.
If it has buttons, they must be pressed.
If the volume is low, it must go high.
If it is toilet paper, it must be unrolled on the floor.
If it is a drawer, it must be pulled upon.
If it is a toothbrush, it must be inserted into my mouth.
If it has a faucet, it must be turned on at full force.
If it is a phone, I must talk to it.
If it is a bug, it must be swallowed.
If it doesn't stay on my spoon, it must be dropped on the floor.
If it is not food, it must be tasted.
If it IS food, it must not be tasted.
If it is dry, it must be made wet with drool, milk, or toilet water.
I am Toddler!!!
I thought it was pretty funny and real life! I'm so thankful for all that God is teaching me through my kids, even on the days that really feel like that poem. We are in such a training season with our kids and I'm so happy to have the wisdom of the Lord and great friends and mentors around us to help us raise our kids. I'm so excited for this next year to see all that God is going to do in Libby and Daniel-it's going to be good! I've really been praying that I will have vision for their lives and strength and wisdom to "train them up in the way they should go, and when they are old they will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
No comments:
Post a Comment