Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas! I only have 2 pictures to post from our Christmas morning...Daniel got a new football and was pretty excited about it!

It has been quite a week! Daniel decided to get sick last Saturday evening-during our slumber party with the Martinez kids :( He was throwing up off and on for about 4 days. It was actually nice to be able to just stay home and snuggle and not be running here and there trying to get things done. We got to enjoy watching the snow all week and watched a bazillion Looney Toones cartoons-I still can't believe the coyote never dies!! And then yesterday I started coming down with the same thing. I can honestly say that's the sickest I've ever been in my whole life! I started feeling better late into the night/early in the morning when Libby woke up sick. So we spent the night together in my bed-so we could both be close to the garbage can. She ended up throwing up every hour-almost on the hour so neither of us got much sleep last night. I'm writing this at 5:00 p.m. and Libby has just finally made it off the couch to play with some toys. I think she's finally starting to feel better-Praise God!! So, needless to say this will be a memorable Christmas. It's been a good time being grounded to the couch this last week to really ponder the true meaning of Christmas. It's been a special Christmas this year...we've been able to spend a lot of quality time together just enjoying one another and talking about baby Jesus. Libby has been so cute with the little nativity set we have. I set it up all organized-looking and Libby came right behind me and moved some of the pieces around--she put one of the wise men right in front of baby Jesus, touching Him. I was half-tempted to fix it back to the way I originally had it, but I started thinking about it...I bet the wise men really wanted to get as close as they could to Jesus-to offer their gifts and to worship Him. That's how we should be...be wise like the wise men and seek Jesus and get as close to Him as we possibly can. Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Are you really seeking for Jesus? What do you need Jesus to be for you today? Today, he is our HEALER!!! I pray that you all will seek Him with all of your heart and that your hearts will be open to receiving from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords today!!! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a sweet write up Lindsay! Very meaningful. Made me happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I finally made it on to your blog. I think I had the address wrong. Your pictures are so sweet! Libby is beautiful! Daniel looks an awful lot like Riley! You two are such great parents! You'll have to check out our blog too. I sent you an invite today so watch for it.
Merry Christmas! Love you guys!
Krystal

Jen said...

I love this post Lindsay! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Thanks for the sweet card!