Saturday, January 31, 2009
MILEstones
WAHOOOOOOO!!!! That's how I feel today after running over 6 miles-without stopping---for a little over 1 hour and 10 minutes!! I really have a hard time believing that I really did that! I think Riley would say the same thing after running 6.6 miles!!! It was a great run today...despite the freezing temperature of only 17 degrees! It was a record distance for both of us and we had some great friends running alongside of us. Great job everyone! (And thanks for the shot blocks Stephanie!) It was such a beautiful morning-the sun was so bright and it didn't really seem so cold after a while. I spent a lot of my running time praying and just praising God for such a beautiful day-and asking for strength to just press through and not give up and start walking. I so much wanted to finish-but not just to finish my route, but to FINISH STRONG!! I'm amazed at how much the Lord speaks to me when I'm running and how training for this race parallels life...pushing through life's issues and not giving up when it seems hard. Sometimes you never know what's past the next turn or up over the next hill...it could be the answer you've been praying for. So just a little word of encouragement to press through and finish strong... This verse popped into my head many times during my run today and really kept me going strong: Philippians 4:13 says: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Let the Lord be your strength today!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WAY to go Lindsay! That is incredible!!!!
Yeah! That's a great accomplishment. Keep up the great work!!!!!
Post a Comment