1 bar Fels-Naptha soap (found in the laundry aisle)
1 cup Borox
1 cup Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
Grate the bar soap into a pan and fill about halfway with water.
Put it on the stove and heat slowly, stirring, to melt the soap.
Add the Borox and Arm & Hammer and stir until it is dissolved. (sorry I don't have a picture of the Borox-my friend and I are sharing ingredients and she has the box of Borox!)
Pour the mixture into a 5 gallon bucket and fill the bucket the rest of the way with warm water.
Use about 1 cup of liquid per load of laundry.
I did some math and figured out that each batch will cost $2.02.
Your initial investment is about $7.00 plus the cost of a 5 gallon bucket.
I just keep the bucket in my garage and refill my old laundry soap jug when I need to. The laundry soap kind of turns into a gel after a while so I just scoop some out of the bucket into a bowl and whisk it for a minute and then use a funnel to pour it into my old jug.
I have heard from some other friends who have been using this that they noticed their whites needed a little boost after a while so they have been using some kind of oxy-cleaner to help out with that. I also have a couple of friends who use this in their front-loading washers and it works great! It's also excellent for sensitive skin! Let me know what you think about this and also if you have any other great money-saving household tips!
I just keep the bucket in my garage and refill my old laundry soap jug when I need to. The laundry soap kind of turns into a gel after a while so I just scoop some out of the bucket into a bowl and whisk it for a minute and then use a funnel to pour it into my old jug.
I have heard from some other friends who have been using this that they noticed their whites needed a little boost after a while so they have been using some kind of oxy-cleaner to help out with that. I also have a couple of friends who use this in their front-loading washers and it works great! It's also excellent for sensitive skin! Let me know what you think about this and also if you have any other great money-saving household tips!
4 comments:
I am impressed! Is there anything that you don't do??? Thanks for the advice I'll have to try it.
My mom says that is 4 cents per load!!! Woohoo!
Kimby
Do you have a recipe for fabric softener, too?
I know there are recipes out there for fabric softener, I just haven't done any research into that yet!
Post a Comment