Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tortillas

I've also started making my own flour tortillas!!! They are SO YUMMY!!! (especially when they are warm!) My friend, Lourdes is from Mexico so I always go to her for great Mexican food recipes-the only problem is she doesn't have exact recipes-she just throws things together and creates delicious food. My friend and I went over to Lourdes' to have her show us how to make tortillas-and we wrote down her "recipe".

Don't you just love my orange counter-tops!? I think they may be coming back in style!! At least we got rid of the matching orange carpet!!


I've been making them ever since! I used to spend almost $5 on a pack of 24 tortillas and this week I made a batch of 50 tortillas for under $3. I just freeze what we aren't going to use right away and it works out great! The kids really have fun "helping" me make them and think it's so great to make tacos out of their own tortillas. Leave me a comment if you want the recipe and I'll get it to you!

4 comments:

Kym said...

I would love the recipe. Our favorite restaurant in the city we moved from made their own tortillas. After having homemade, you just can't go back to store bought!!

Kimberly said...

We want the recipe!!! Madi and Marshall love tortillas and it would be lots of fun for them to make them. Hope all is going well with you. Love ya! Kim

Heather said...

YUm! I'd love the recipe!! You made them so perfect!

J said...

Ok...I just HAVE to have this recipe!!! PLEASE!!!! Ever since visiting Mexico with our Youth Group for missions as a teen, I have dreamt of yummy home made tortillas. I love it that you like to try new things...thanks so much for sharing!