Sunday, June 7, 2009

Old Mac Rogers Had a Farm.....

....E-I-E-I-O


We are the proud owners of some CHICKENS!!! I didn't think I would ever say those words! We've actually been thinking about getting some chickens for a couple years now and some friends of ours recently gave us their chicken house/yard that they didn't need. So last weekend we hauled home the chicken coop and set it up in the back corner of our yard and a few days ago we got our chickens! They are still a little young to lay eggs, but hopefully in a few more months they will be ready. We are also chicken sitting for some friends of ours while they are on vacation and in return, they gave us 3 hens. Thanks guys!!! So we have 13 chickens right now!!! It has been a lot of fun watching them-we even got to see one of them catch a butterfly and eat it. The kids have really been enjoying them too and have gotten brave enough to hold them (or maybe the chickens are getting brave enough to let the kids pick them up)!


Gracie has been really good with them too. She's been pretty curious and I'm sure if she had the chance she'd love to get a hold of one of them. But for now she's just being a guard dog for them and just lays next to the chicken coop watching them.




I'm sure I'll have more adventures about the chickens to post later, but for now enjoy some pictures and a video!! Cluck, cluck!!


Here's a video of the kids picking up a chicken!!




Daniel going in and out through the chicken door!!


No comments: